The Student Health Team consists of year 5/6 students.
Possible team members will be nominated by peers and voted on by all Year5/6 students at the end of term 4.
Criteria of attributes required by students and roles within team need to be outlined to all students. (See separate information).
Student health team aims to have continuity, by keeping some or all of the previous year’s year 5 students.
Weekly meeting before school to plan with lead teacher up and coming events and discuss any problems or concerns members may be having.
All Student Health Team members take part in leadership workshop programme run by students, lead teacher and/or team solutions liaison person.
Roles Within the Student Health Team
- Morning tea gear boxes maintained and organised.
- Lunchtime games or activities organised for students.
- SPORT SHED roster and organisation
- Games or activities organised between teachers and students and /or other schools.
- Attend Environmental Committee meetings, made up of BOT, PTA, TEACHERS and STUDENTS.
- Newsletter organisation – organise weekly updates for the school newsletter.
- Maintaining an organisation notebook.
- Taking photos of events to document learning and evidence of S.H.T in action.
- Liaise with lead teacher with regard to budget.
- Organisation of monthly school tabloids.
- Co-ordination with teacher in charge of assembly for the organisation of the weekly assembly.
- FULL CIRCLE RECYLING, maintaining a roster for bin organisation, keeping track of the budget, liaising with Environmental Committee.
- Liaising with PTA, and outside agencies to organise events such as;
SUNSMART– Maintaining U.V. indicator boards, promoting the sun smart message
WALKING SCHOOL BUS – leading special walk to school days and promoting the WSB message
BIKE BETTER – assisting in the organisation of this day for year5/6 students and promoting the message of biking safely to school
LIFE EDUCATION – assisting with organisation on the day
WASTE WISE – assisting the Environmental Committee
SENIOR SCHOOL DUATHLON – organising the day
BREAKJAMAS – assisting the PTA.
- Student Health Team focus at assembly i.e.
FARM people (fun, active, responsible, mystery)
Healthy food/ideas or updates
Waste wise guys